Saturday, March 23, 2019

蛭が岳 Mt. Hiru in the beginning of season.

 
Among several routes to climb up to Mt.Hiru, I like the one from Aone, since this route have the least climbers for its inconvenience in public transportation.

The parking lot can contain barely 5 small cars, but was empty at the time of 6:30 am.

Going through block gate for vehicle, permitted to go over for walking climbers only, I walk on the paved road up to the intersection to Haccho saka route.

BTW, if you see any climbing path prefixed by "Haccho", that would be the indication of steep hill.
The path going up to Haccho kashira after good 2.5 hours of walk.

I tried to record video footage with GoPro. I apologize for my clumsy angle configuration, since my phone app was not prepared well.


After reaching up to the top of Hacchozaka, it was easy route to Himetsugi (where used to kill daughter from bushi house); the mid point of the route.
It was clear sky, and I could see Mt Fuji, and the destination Hirugatake hut at the top of the mountain.

The route to from Himetsugi to Hirugatake is fairly easy, except for the top area of Hirugatake.
It was quite long climbing staircase, and snow was still remaining on the stair case, so I had to use extra thigh muscle to stable myself. No need to mention with a little excited puppy attached to me.

At the top of the Hirugatake hut, we completely lost views and surrounded by fogs, unlike the clear sky in Himetsugi. I borrowed bathroom there, and bought pin badge(500 yen) and 500ml of water(500 yen).


On the way to come down, I chose to use the alternative route, Kama-dachi-sawa route, since I wanted to stop by evacuation hut at Kibikara intersection, and to use bathroom. The evacuation hut is tiny, but new and clearn. On the other hand, the bathroom is .... well.
Kama-dachi-sawa is a bit of d-tour compare to Haccho saka route, but better maintained. The former is valley route, the latter is minor ridge route.

I reached to the parking lot around 14:30. I stopped by Iyashi-no-yu on the way to home.

P.S. The place is in the peak of cedar new leaves shooting out. I don't recommend this place to people suffer from hay fever

No comments:

Post a Comment